Friday 25 July 2014

New CID I-Crayon Review

Within the past few weeks or so I seem to have been paying close attention to magazines again. As you may (or may not) know I am an avid beauty magazine reader, in big part this comes down to samples. Many magazines offer samples of (sometimes quite pricey) make up from brands that are current and very hot. 

Recently Cosmopolitan have been offering some items from New CID. This is a brand  have heard of and one I hear to be worth the money. Cosmo gave readers the choice of 3 different shades of lip crayon or a mascara. All 4 of thee choices would have excited me so I wasn't disappointed with any outcome. 


I managed to get a hold of the I-Crayon in the shade Strawberry Souffle. I do love me a good red and I love to put them to the test. I'm not so sure of the packaging on this. I don't know if it's because it's a freebie or that's how it normally is but it just feels very cheap not well made. Don't get me wrong, it fills it's purpose but it's not something that I am going to get pride from taking out of my bag. The writing has also rubbed off but I almost expected that. 


Packaging aside the colour is a nicely pigmented blue based red which suits me fine. I do enjoy a crayon style product because I think they're handy and somewhat easy to use. 


My thoughts on the actual product? I love this stuff! This is such a wearable red, usually if I am going to wear red then I will have to really be in the mood for it but this is just something else. There is just a quality that makes this so accessible. I could easily do my brows, put on some mascara and this lipstick and I would be set. The finish feels glossy but after a while of wearing (and repplying) it looks more matte. 

From what I have researched this product comes is a set of 3 along with the other colours available with the magazine and costs around £21.50. 

Have you tried this? What do you think?

Speak soon 
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)